Students from the UCLan Cyprus School of Sciences visited GET Lab (www.getlab.org) as part of an educational trip. The visitors were 1st and 2nd year students who are showing interest in Computer Games and visited the lab with their supervisor Josephine Antoniou, Lecturer, UCLan.
The visitors had the opportunity to learn about the research performed at the GET Lab, described by GET Lab’s coordinator Despina Michael, and the chance to see and interact with several projects, all developed by GET Lab’s researchers and students.
More specifically all students tried the following:
1. Diving Simulator for Organizing Dives in a Real Wreck
[developed by Kalia Aristidou]
2. Educational Augmented Reality Application – using tablet
[developed by Konstantinos Koumis]
3. Interactive Game with Full Motion Body Tracking – using kinect
[developed by Christos Kyrlitsias]
4. Virtual Reality Applications – Train – using Oculus Rift
[developed by Marios Kleanthous, Marinos Savva]
5. Driving Simulator – using HMD
[developed by Smaragda Christodoulou]
27 March, 2014
GET Lab, Limassol