Deadline: 08 May 2016
Instructions and application form:
- Visual Computing/ Computer Graphics
- Virtual Reality for Well being
- Virtual Reality & Emerging Technologies with applications in Neuroscience
- Virtual Reality & Emerging Technologies with applications in Psychology
Candidates for this post should possess:
1. A Bachelor’s Degree and a postgraduate Degree of Master’s level* from accredited Universities in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other related field.
2. Excellent programming skills
3. Excellent knowledge of C/C++ programming language and/or excellent knowledge of a game engine
4. Ability to work independently on research projects
5. Excellent knowledge of English language (spoken and written)
6. The following will be considered as additional qualifications:
– experience in programming using OpenGL library
– experience in GPU programming
– experience in submitting research proposals and/or participation in research projects
– very good knowledge of a 3D modelling software
* In cases where the candidate demonstrates EXCEPTIONAL academic performance; holding a postgraduate degree may not be a restrict requirement to apply for this position. (Even though it is highly recommended.
For this position, applications are accepted only for full time studies.
The successful candidate(s) will be affiliated with the research lab of Department of Multimedia and Graphic Arts, Microsoft Computer Games and Emerging Technologies (GET Lab – https://www.getlab.org) and will take part in the research activities of the lab.
The successful candidate(s) may be assigned teaching-related duties, with appropriate reimbursement, at the Department of Multimedia and Graphic Arts, based on the needs of department per academic year or/and research responsibilities at GET Lab.
Successful candidates with excellent academic qualifications may be hired as researchers at research projects that GET Lab coordinates or/and participates (getlab.org/projects).
For more information in academic matters:
Dr. Despina Michael
Director, Microsoft Computer Games and Emerging Technologies Research Lab
Assistant Professor, Department of Multimedia and Graphic Arts
Cyprus University of Technology
Tel.: +357 25002183
For information regarding applications submission: