Open PhD Position in Computer Graphics, Virtual Reality & Emerging Technologies
Two (2) posts in any of the following topics:
«Visual Computing/ Computer Graphics»
«Computer Graphics: Algorithms Development for real time rendering»
«Computer Graphics: Algorithms Development for dynamic computer animation»
«Computer Graphics: Algorithms Development for procedural modeling»
«Virtual Reality & Emerging Technologies»
«Virtual Reality & Emerging Technologies with applications in Neuroscience»
«Virtual Reality & Emerging Technologies with applications in Psychology»
Candidates for this post should possess:
1. A Bachelor’s Degree and a postgraduate Degree of Master’s level from accredited Universities in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other related field.
2. Excellent programming skills
3. Excellent knowledge of C/C++ programming language and/or excellent knowledge of a game engine
4. Ability to work independently on research projects
5. Excellent knowledge of English language (oral and written)
6. The following will be considered as additional qualifications:
– experience in programming using OpenGL library
– experience in GPU programming
– experience in submitting research proposals and/or participation in research projects
– very good knowledge of a 3D modelling software
For these positions, applications are accepted only for full time studies.
The successful candidate will be affiliated with the research lab of Department of Multimedia and Graphic Arts, Microsoft Computer Games and Emerging Technologies.
The successful candidate may be assigned teaching-related duties, with appropriate reimbursement, at the Department of Multimedia and Graphic Arts, based on the needs of department per academic year or/and research responsibilities at GET Lab.
For more information about academic aspects:
Dr. Despina Michael
Director, Microsoft Computer Games and Emerging Technologies Research Lab
Lecturer, Department of Multimedia and Graphic Arts
Cyprus University of Technology
Tel.: +357 25002183
Deadline: Friday 7th November 2014, at 14:00 p.m.
More information for applications can be found here: